Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
by Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
When option A isn’t available, how do you thrive with option B?
It’s time to take a break from the news cycle, get comfy on the couch and read how Facebook’s COO, Sheryl Sandberg built resilience and found joy after a traumatic event.
Austin AMA’s three-month virtual book club kicks off April 2! We will read Sheryl Sandberg’s and Adam Grant’s Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy. And we’ll get together – virtually – to discuss this powerful and inspiring book and learn how we can practice self-compassion and develop self-confidence in and out of work.
We will learn:
- Why trauma leads to three P’s you have to deal with.
- How grounded hope speeds up the healing process.
- Which daily habit helped Sheryl Sandberg deal with her emotions.
How the Book Club Works:
- Click here to order your book! – Available on Amazon
- Sign up each month so we know you are coming. Once you’re registered we’ll let you know how to join in, virtually.
- Download Zoom, where we will host our meetings, and grab your favorite cup of coffee.
- Our April 2 discussion will focus on the intro of the book.
- The May 7 discussion will focus on Chapters 1-5 of the book.
- And the June 4 discussion will focus on Chapters 6-10 of the book.
- Discussion 1: April 2 (Virtual Meeting)
- Discussion 2: May 7 (Virtual Meeting)
- Discussion 3: June 4 (Virtual Meeting)
Virtual! – After you register you will receive a zoom meeting link to join the conversation.