Krista is the Director of Marketing at Falcon Structures and was nominated as the AMA Volunteer of the Month for February for her work as PR Coordinator. We had a chance to connect with Krista and find out a little more about her. Thank you, Krista, for your time and dedication to the Austin AMA. https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristashort
Where did you grow up?
- I was born in Cincinnati, but I grew up in several places in the US and spent a couple years in England. I graduated from Ohio University.
What is your volunteer role?
- I am the liaison between Programming and our Public Relations sponsor, Pierpont. I work with Pierpont to write and distribute any Austin AMA event press releases, as well as ensure the events are posted on the local event calendars.
What is your day job?
- I am the Marketing Director for Falcon Structures, a manufacturer of modified shipping containers for working, living and industrial applications. From a simple mobile office to a multi-family apartment complex, Falcon is a single source for modified shipping containers for businesses and developers.
Why did you join the AMA?
- I joined the AMA almost 15 years ago when I was new to marketing. I wanted to connect with and learn from others in the field. I not only learned more than I ever expected, I met the most wonderful people who have gone on to become some of my closest friends.
What (or who) is your favorite marketing blog or thought leader?
- MarketingProfs is still my go-to. They have a wide variety of authors on any topic imaginable, so it’s easy to find something new each time I visit their site or receive an email.
What is the one thing you’ve been inspired by lately?
- I’m always inspired by the leadership at Falcon Structures. Each of them has a unique way of leading, motivating and teaching that makes you want to work hard every day and accomplish amazing things.
Describe yourself in one word: Disciplined (kinda boring I know – but true!)